Utica, NY – The Adirondack Bank Center was packed to the brim on Saturday night and Utica City FC brought the energy. After trailing 2-0, they battled back and beat Harrisburg 4-3 in overtime. Captain Bo Jelovac buried two goals in the win.

UCFC fell to an early one goal deficit 2:09 into the 1st quarter when Roshawn Panton beat goaltender Andrew Coughlin with a re-direct off a pass from Pat Healy. Utica City tried to even up the score with relentless pressure on the Heat which saw most of the 1st quarter played in Utica City’s offensive end. UCFC had several scoring chances peppering the Heat goaltender Chase Vosvick with 9 shots in the first quarter. The quarter would end with Harrisburg leading 1 – 0.

The second quarter saw both teams open up the field and create offense but both goaltenders were equal to the task. Utica City’s Coughlin had the highlight of the quarter with an unbelievable diving save to snag the ball off the goal line before it crossed. Harrisburg ended up adding to their lead with 10:21 left to play in the 2nd quarter when #4 Danny DiPrima stole the ball at the Utica City yellow line and ripped a shot into the top corner, putting Harrisburg up 2-0. Utica City continued to apply pressure and it was the Captain Bo Jelovac opening up the scoring for Utica City in the final minute of the 1st half. Jelovac drove down the wall and made a nice strike on the ball to beat Vosvick to bring Utica within 1. Nate Bourdeau picked up the assist, the first half would come to an end with Utica trailing 2-1, but outshooting Harrisburg 14-9.

In the third quarter it was Harrisburg who opened the scoring to take back a two-goal lead. This time Alejandro Chavez would capitalize on a quick break, five minutes into the 3rd. Both teams exchanged scoring chances but neither side surrendering another goal. Utica City would outshoot Harrisburg 5 – 1 but trail 3 - 1.

In the 4th quarter, Utica City would bring the home crowd to life with two quick strikes in less than two minutes to tie the game. The first from Stefan Mijatovic when he buried a shot just under the bar to bring the crowd to its feet. Cristhian Segura would pick up the assist that brought Utica back within 1 with 12:38 remaining in the game. Utica’s second power play goal came of the re-start, with Bourdeau finishing off a slick pass from Gordy Gurson to tie the game 3-3. That score would stay for the remainder of the 4th quarter and force overtime between these two familiar teams.

In overtime it was the Jelovac sending the entire arena into pandemonium with his second goal of the game. With 1:19 left to play in overtime, Jelovac created a steal and transitions to a quick break with Mijatovic who slid it back to Jelovac for the golden goal. Utica City claims it’s fifth victory of the season with a 4-3 OT win at home in Utica.

UCFC returns to home turf next Sunday, February 19th for Utica Weekend. Tickets are available at